How to create an API only Username
Answer:Follow the below instructions to create an API username in your 2Checkout account:
- Sign into your 2Checkout account.
- Click the Account tab.
- Click the User Management sub-tab.
- Click +Create Username
- Enter the desired details for: email, username, and password. You should enter an unmonitored or "no-reply" email if you do not wish to receive additional email from 2Checkout regarding sales and other actions.
- Click the API Access radio button.
- Check the API Updating box if this username must have "write" access to your account. If you are unsure of whether or not you need this permission, refer to your cart's support documentation, or discuss this further with your software development team.
- Click Create Username
NOTE: API usernames can never be used to log in through 2Checkout's web portal. API usernames are used by cart systems to read/write data within the account, and are also used to access the 2Checkout mobile app.